A review conducted by customer experience experts User Vision examined the behaviour of our intermediary users while using the Turn2us Benefit Calculator to identity possible improvements. These included:
- a more prominent breadcumb trail to indicate progress through the process
- dynamic links to information on claiming benefits
- automated range checking to reduce the accidental inputting of incorrect financial data
- a simplified system of messaging and alerts.
Grants Search database enquiry form
The Grants Search database enquiry form was reviewed using feedback from charitable funds with the aim of capturing additional relevant information from those making enquiries to increase positive outcomes. Improvements included:
- a revision of the form’s layout
- the expansion of the occupation and help required lists
- additional fields to capture information about savings and the status of carers.
Both projects aimed to improve the customer journey taken by people visiting the Turn2us website. In particular, the help we give users to input the information needed to make accurate assessments of entitlement to means-tested benefits and eligibility for charitable grants.
Those who might doubt the benefit of undertaking usability testing will be interested to know that the amends to our benefits calculator have already resulted in a 5 per cent increase in completion rates.